Then there's J and S. A quick recap on their history: friends with chemistry, they met at work and spent week after week flirting without crossing any real boundaries. At a house party, J slept with S's best mate and he was crushed. He was also really pissed at J and they didn't speak for a few weeks. Then they went the just friends route for awhile which worked well for them. But now they are returning to the chemistry/flirting territory.
There's nothing wrong with a little flirtation between friends. Everyone has a friend of the opposite sex they constantly flirt with and it doesn't mean anything. But there are boundaries that just shouldn't be crosses. Especially when you work together.
S has been showing a lot of dangerous signs
- He hasn't gotten laid in awhile
- He visits J at work on his days off and even waits an hour outside while she and P are closing (P hates S and refuses to allow him in the store when he's not actually working and takes as long as possible to cash up when he's waiting) so he can walk her to the train station.
- He keeps suggesting they go out drinking, just the two of them
- He constantly suggests she sleep over at his house
- He thinks she's easy due to her past behaviour
- They walk about sex constantly and he makes no effort to hide the fact that it turns him on
- He's a guy
As for J she doesn't exactly have a lot of self-control and gets herself into some...um...interesting situations. Hence fucking his best mate in the first place. She doesn't want to sleep with him, but suspects if he makes a move she'll just go along with it. And if she does it's going to create a multitude of problems. Chances are it'll be either awkward (*friendship over*) and uncomfortable, or they'll become fuck buddies. J will probably continue her sexual escapades with other guys which will lead to jealousy on his part because he's just generally a possessive/jealous guy (*friendship over*). They'll never end up in an actual relationship because J is...well, J. In addition K will be pissed off because she has a thing for S even though they haven't met. She's convinced he is her soul mate. Thank god they haven't met.
It can never end well when friends sleep together. In life there are people you have sex with and people you don't. Mix them together and you basically just make a mess.